Monday, May 14, 2012

Cook with Ken: Ko Moo Yang using Air Fryer

Date:  May 14, 2012

Most of the dish I prepared is very quick and easy cook job.  :)  That is why I like the Air Fryer so much.

Today, after my golf lesson at noon, I went home to shower.  And I use 5 minutes to marinate my Pork Neck meat.  I am going to cook my version of Ko Moo Yang (Grill Pork Neck).  It is a Thai food, usually, the BBQ it.  But I am lazy, and I want to cook fast, so, I used the Air Fryer instead of the grill for healthy reason.

IMG_7594.jpg

This are the sauce I used.

1.  Oyster Sauce.

IMG_7601.jpg

2.  Black bean thich soya sauce.

IMG_7602.jpg

3.  Some garlic.

IMG_7603.jpg

4.  Some lime juice.  I don't have fresh lime, so, I used the RealLime instead.  This is one of the most important ingredient.  If you can fine Thai Lime, that is the best.

IMG_7604.jpg

5.  Some herbs.  I saw this in my fridge, so, I just decided to throw some in.  I also put in some Green Onions.

IMG_7605.jpg

6.  Some Sea Salt.

IMG_7606.jpg

7.  Some sugar.

IMG_7607.jpg

8.  Brown Sugar.  I actually put more of the brown sugar.

IMG_7614.jpg

9.  Thai fish sauce.  This is the most important sauce to marinate.  He gives the unique saltiness of the thai style cooking.

IMG_7608.jpg

10.  Hua Tiao Chiew.  (The Chinese Cooking Wine).

IMG_7609.jpg

11.  Some soya sauce.

IMG_7610.jpg

12.  White Pepper Powder.

IMG_7611.jpg

After you mix all the sauce and herbs.  Let it marinate for at least 3-8 hours or overnight is the best.

IMG_7593.jpg

Then, you pre-heat your Air Fryer to 200 degrees for 5 minutes.

IMG_7592.jpg

Take out your marinated pork neck, shake the sauce off a bit.  Then, you place the pork neck on the basket.  Cook the pork neck for 10 minutes.

IMG_7597.jpg

In between, every 3-4 minutes, use the brush to brush some marinated sauce on it.  Turn the meat over, and brush some sauce on it.

IMG_7599.jpg

Then, you set the temperature to 160 degrees, and then keep on air fry it for another 10-15 minutes (depending how thich you cut your pork neck meat).  From time to time, brush some sauce on to it again.  And you start to see the browning, and the side turning burnt just llike the Char Siew.

IMG_7595.jpg

After 20 minutes, a delicious Ko Moo Yang is done.

IMG_7596.jpg

Slice it thin, and serve it on a plate.

IMG_7612.jpg

Here is another photo for you folks.  First time doing this dish, and it is a bit salty as I think I put a bit too much salt (on the surface skin).  But the inner part is juicy and tasty.  And it has the Thai Grill pork taste.  And it also taste like Char Siew too (especially the fatty part).

IMG_7613.jpg

Remember, must always try and error.  The first two piece is a bit dry (as you can see on the right hand side.).  The second batch, I reduce the timing a little, and the meat is much more tastier, not too dry.

After all, entire family loves it.  So, I have new dish for my next party liao.

Once

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Today, after my golf lesson at noon, I went home to shower. And I use 5 minutes to marinate my Pork Neck meat. click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rent a Car Islamabad Airport organizations have wound up to a great degree noticeable because of the persistently growing needs of transportation. This has come about into number of rental auto organizations showing up in the business part to offer their organizations. Rent a Car in Islamabad With the storm of such an expansive number of rental auto organizations it gets the opportunity to be once in a while difficult to pick the best auto rental association. Various rental auto associations may claim to be the best associations by excellence of their unassuming rates and charming discounts yet they fail pitiably on giving quality rental auto organizations. In this way it is basic while scanning for the considerable rental auto administrations one needs to look past the engaging lines of discounts and unassuming auto rental rates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks incredibly delicious! I recently got an air fryer, and I can`t stop using it, everything comes out so tasty, and it is ready for less than 30 minutes. Honestly, it is the best kitchen appliance I ever had. If someone needs more information about the air-fryers, then you can check this place: merchdope.com

    ReplyDelete