Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cook with Ken: Clamy Veggies Noodles

Date:  April 6, 2012

Yesterday was Good Friday.  So, for those who celebrating this religious days, they cannot eat meat.  My domestic helper, Lorna cannot eat meat today.  So, I dig dig dig my fridge, and I think I will cook this what I call clamy veggie noodles.  OK.  She said, cannot eat meat, but seafood OK.  She cannot explain why to me too.

1.  Some Noodles (豆签), 1x Onion, Clams (fronzen).

IMG_6646.JPG

2.  Dried shrimp, soaked in the hot water for a while.  Then, throw away the water, and squeeze dry it.  This is to give something "meaty" to chew.

IMG_6649.jpg

3.  Cut 1 stalk of celery.  Dice it.  This will gives the crunchy chew to your noodles.

IMG_6650.jpg

4.  Boil a pot of water.  Pinch two fingerful of sea salt, and some olive oil into the pot.  Put the noodle in.  Cook for 7-10 minutes.  Use a retainer to hold the noodles.  And rinse the noodles with cold water.  Standby.

IMG_6651.jpg

5.  2x Eggs.  Fried it yellow and white with cooking oil.  (In this picture, I used too much oil to fry.  Because I decided to fry the eggs after I pour the oil in for the noodles.  You don't need so much oil for eggs.)  Put aside the egg, later we want to use it.

IMG_6652.jpg

6.  Clean the wok, pour in cooking oil.  Fried the onions and dried shrimps.

IMG_6654.jpg

7.  Put everything in, the noodle, the clams, the egg, and stir fry it.  Use some salty dark soya sauce (think) so to color it a bit.

IMG_6655.jpg

8.  Taste. If need to be more salty, pinch some salt.  And there you go... a tasty fried clamy veggie noodles.

IMG_6658.JPG

Of course, for the non-catholic at home, I also topped up with some steaks...

IMG_6656.jpg

And how can we eat steak without wine... Let's open the fake Lafitte.  HaHaHa

IMG_6657.jpg

Happy Good Friday!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment