Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bowling #3 - Re-Learn How to Bowl

Date:  Mar 11, 2012

Today is the new mile stone day for me.  I made my first bowling ball drilled according to my fingers.  My brother in-law recommended me to drill my ball at Kenneth Chua's Pro-shop @ Kallang Leisure Mall.

http://www.kenproshop.com/index-1.html

IMG_4964.jpg

According to Kenneth Chua, my thumb is quite short, so, I should be able to release the bowling ball much faster.  This is my 13 lbs ball.  I told Kenneth Chua that I usually played 11 lbs or 12 lbs.  But he insisted me to try 13 lbs, and after the drilling, the ball feels like a 12 lbs.

IMG_4979.jpg

The 2 fingers fit just nicely on the first segment of the fingers.  This is where you grip the ball.

IMG_4980.jpg

And the thumb just nicely placed in the bigger hole.  The feeling is nice.  And the feeling is personal.

IMG_4981.jpg

I also bought a bowling shoe.  It looks normal from the front.

IMG_4975.jpg

Look at the back... It is different.

IMG_4976.jpg

The right leg has rubber, so it can grip the ground better.

IMG_4977.jpg

The left one is the smooth one, and it allows you to slide.  In all the bowling place, they will give you both smooth surface shoes.  That is why I did not notice there are different when you buy your own personal shoe.  And it feels better when you bowl.

IMG_4978.jpg

My first ball is a plastic ball.  As I am still learning how to throw the hook shot.  Everything fits inside this small red bag.  It is $175 (originally is $125, but I exchange the better shoe, i.e. Pro-Am)...

IMG_4974.jpg

So, I played about 10-11 games yesterday.  The ball feel is OK, but the way how I used to throw is wrong.  So, I have to re-learn everything.  And I found that myself cannot cope with Multi-tasking very well.

Left hand have to lift horizontal to balance.  Right hand have to push the ball out and then create the pendulum motion.  After throw, the right hand must comb your hair with a smile.

NewImage.jpg

When throw the ball, is natural, like rolling the ball.  The ball will create enough initial to spin the ball.

NewImage.jpg

Of course, the steps, the slide, the arrows.  All these, is like the 7 fingers multi-gestures on iPad.  Very difficult to coordinate, but you get the hang of it soon enough.  After say 8-9 games.  hahahaha

NewImage.jpg

Of course, you wish you can play like your son.  This is Jay Jay.  I brought him there too.  At first he used a 7 lbs.

IMG_4965.jpg

Jay uses two hands.  And release the ball.

IMG_4966.jpg

Then, he changed to use a 6 lbs.

IMG_4972.jpg

A proud look.

IMG_4973.jpg

Jay and cousin Silas.

IMG_4971.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment