Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Kindle

Date:  Jan 14, 2012

I did not tell a lot of people that I have bought a Kindle.  This is my Kindle.  Surprise!!!!

IMG_3215.jpg

Are you Surprise?

1)  It is not a Kindle Fire.  It is a Kindle Touch.  Cost about US$99 which comes with a non-intrusive advestisement.  I had Amazon shipped directly to me.  Well, I already have an iPad2, why would I want to have another similar thing?  So decision of buying a Kindle Touch is simple indeed.

2)  I am a big Apple fan.  Why would I want a Kindle Touch?  Can't you run the Kindle App on the iPad2?

The Kindle Touch is originally intended for my Domestic Helper.  Instead of going to the library and borrow books for her to read, I think buying her a Kindle Touch and downloads some MOBI e-Books for her is a better option.

But when Kindle Touch arrived, and when I get my hands on it.  I see it's purpose.  Why it exist.  And Why Amazon sold a lot of these.  And sorry, I got to play a while before I give it to my domestic Helper.  :)

Today, most of my friends have both iPad and iPhone.  These are very good products from Apple.  There are very very smart and elegant devices.  Sometimes, a lot of people replaced their laptop with iPad2.  However, sometimes, it is way too smart, and sometimes, you got to somehow get away from it.  The notifications will always come.  And when it does, it will always interupted whatever you are doing.

So, for the past few days, I have been reading my Steve Jobs biography on my Kindle.  And I left my phone and iPad away from me.  I can concentrate much better reading it on the Kindle then I read it on my iPad2.  And I sort of enjoy the way I read the book from Kindle.  It was peaceful, and more focus.  And the paper e-ink technology really makes the Kindle looks like a real paper back book.  I have enjoy reading my books on the Kindle for the past few days, I must say.

Now you know the reason.  :)

I have since downloaded hundreds of books on the Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment