Saturday, November 19, 2011

上巴刹 - Wet Market

Date:  Nov 19, 2011

It's been a long time I last went to a wet market.  Since my father in law is in town, so, I brought him to Tiong Bahru market to buy some breakfast and some fresh seafood.  He was a fisherman before, so he should be able to advise me a few things.

We saw this at stall #123.  It is a 老鼠斑 (Mouse Grouper, I think).  It is a rare fish.  But it looks quite fresh.  So, I bought one.  So, let's steam it tonight!

IMG_0950.jpg

I wanted to buy this, but this is a more common fish, i.e. 七星斑.  So, I decied to buy the Mouse Groupe instead.

IMG_0951.jpg

Then, at the same stall #123, I saw this.  Very fresh.  It's a sea LaLa.  Very nice.  So, I grab 1KG of it.  Let's do a Ginger Onion stir fried LaLa.

IMG_0952.jpg

The sea prawns looks very nice, but I am a very lazy guy, I don't like to peel the prawns, so, I did not buy this.  It is huge and fresh.  I know I know, may be next time I will buy you and eat you ya!

IMG_0953.jpg

Learn quite a fair bit today.  So, let's go back and try to steam a fish and stir fry a plate of LaLa.

No comments:

Post a Comment