Saturday, October 15, 2011

Loewen Garden Farmer's Market

Date:  Oct 15, 2011

Today, we have a pretty tight schedule.  First we went to buy goat milk, then, the kids went to feed the fish.  Then, we buy veggies.  And then, we end up at this Farmers' market.

IMG_0148.JPG

It is located here.  75, Loewen Rd.

IMG_0114.PNG

We found Loewen Rd.  It is just beside the soccer field.  And then, turn left into Loewen Rd that leads to #75.

IMG_0112.jpg

And you will see the sign every where.  Apparently, it is a very well known place for foreigners.  Not many locals knew about this place.

IMG_0113.jpg

From far, you can see the tent and there are some place for kids to play too.

IMG_0115.jpg

You can see each stores tries to promote their products, food, etc.

IMG_0116.jpg

There are lots of dips, Olive oil, etc.  Some of the Olive oil taste excellently.

IMG_0117.jpg

Some stores sell all kinds of pasta, noodles.

IMG_0118.jpg

But there is this Spanish Restaurant selling the Paella.  It is one of the most delicious Paella that I have ever tasted in Singapore.  Look a the ingredients they used.  Quite good.

IMG_0120.jpg

And she has cooked another pan of Paella at the back.

IMG_0121.jpg

My friend, Raymond was right.  The Paella is something you cannot miss.  It is very good.  This small little plate cost $5.

IMG_0122.jpg

And 20 minutes later, we bought another big plate that cost $10.  And Jay Jay loves it!

IMG_0139.jpg

The same Spanish store sell this ham/pork.

IMG_0123.jpg

The pork was kept 2.5 years ... and it is so good.  Especially those pieces with the white fatty fat.

IMG_0125.JPG

Got to find some sweet melon to go with it.  Good stuff.  Strongly recommend this!

IMG_0124.jpg

Same Store.  Spanish restaurant store, they sell wine too.  So, they open 6 bottles for you to taste.  I tasted about 5 of them, and I like the red.  I didn't bring enough cash for the good red wine.  So, I bought the "CHEAP" wine.  They do not have vintage on it.  It is a Monastrell.  The wine has heavy bodies, lots of tannins but not acidic.  It goes well with the Paella.  And I am sure it goes well with all the red meat.  So, I decided to buy a bottle to taste.  It's $20.

IMG_0181.jpg

Yes!  It is indeed "Intense".  It is very powerful.

IMG_0180.jpg

Let's see what else they are selling here.  There are less than 15 stores here.

IMG_0127.jpg

This table, she put 3 plates of Olive Oil there.  And I can see that the middle plate is almost empty.  So, I tried all three of them and I take another bread and dip into the 2nd one again.  And now, I understand why the middle plate is almost empty.  Because it is very good!   It is Olive Oil that has natuaral Basil oil in it.  No wonder it is so nice.  This store accept NETS payment.  Not every store is like this, so you have to prepare to bring more cash$ if you want to buy lots of stuff.

IMG_0182.jpg

Look at all the homemade Dip and Jam.  The beans on the right is very good.

IMG_0126.jpg

The beans is from Himalayan.  And it has a very refreshing taste.  It is not a normal beans.

IMG_0183.jpg

I stopped by this store.  I love to eat Risotto.  The Ang-moh porriage.  :)  So, I buy this to test cook.

IMG_0129.jpg

Let's check out the kids...  They are just fine.

IMG_0130.jpg

They found more children playground.

IMG_0135.jpg

While they are playing... I stopped by this VAN here..  Oh, its a Jungle Beer.  What do they sell again?

IMG_0147.jpg

They sell home brewed beer.  I pay $10 and taste all 5 of them.  And I like the first one, which is very refreshing.

IMG_0136.jpg

Time to go.  Before we go, I grab a Chicken Pie.

IMG_0179.jpg

I love the settings of the Loewen Markets.  I got a feeling that it will soon become one of my favorite place during weekend whenever it is avilable.  The next one will be Nov 5.  And there is also 60 Robertson Quay coming up soon next week, Oct 22.

dada.png

Have Fun!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment