Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Mysterious Cure for Excessive Drooler Toddler

Date:  Aug 20, 2011

Kay Kay has been an excessive drooler until recently.  He just can't keep his saliva in his mouth nor swallow the saliva.  And he is almost 2 years old.  And most of the time, he refused to put on bib too.  So, saliva always wet his shirts.  I meant severely wet!

IMG_7400.jpg

So, what happen?  What can we do?  The teachers in school does not have a solution.  They have been teaching Kay to handle the saliva, but no results.  We have been asking Kay to swallow the saliva, no result.

Not until the most recent trip to Cameron highlands with my in-laws.  My mother in-law always comes up with a strange solution.

IMG_9030.jpg

My mother in-law prepare some soda buscuit.  And she tied the soda buscuit around Kay Kay.  As said, Kay Kay hates to wear a bib, so, by natural, he hates this soda buscuit necklace.

IMG_9031.jpg

I also don't know what is going on.  Then, when Kay Kay drools... mother in law will break the buscuit use it to wipe the saliva on Kay Kay face.  I was like HUH??????????????????  Come on, there is no scientific proof or what so ever that this will help... and what does the soda business do again?  I took some photos just for my records....  with my mind thinking that how absurb this is.

This is another of the superstitious trick from the old timer that my mother in-law uses.  And while she wipe kay's saliva, she mumbles "Wipe your saliva.. wipe your saliva"...

Normally, I will not interfere this... and soon, I forgot all about it.

Until last week (a week after we came back from Cameron Highland)... at the school, the teacher shared with me that Kay Kay has stopped drooling.

Teacher: "We notice that Kay stop drooling since last week."

Teacher: "At first, it was 10 minutes that he did not drool at all, but none of the teacher dare to say anything yet, as afraid Kay will start drooling if we mentioned it".

Teacher: "Then, the last few days, the saliva stop drooling down.  We all are happy!"

Then, I recall about this episode where I took photos as evidents.. And the teachers after hearing it... WOW... speechless...

IMG_5691.JPG

I tried to google this on the web, but I can't seems to find any one talking about it.  Is it a Hokkien customs?  or whatever, it works.  I also not sure whether it really works, but the fact is, Kay stopped drooling.  So, we all are happy about it and I decided to share this story.

It is really spooky, but it works.  Thanks!  LOL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment