Sunday, August 14, 2011

Antivirus @ MacOS - So Boring!

Date: Aug 14, 2011

NewImage.jpg

Yes, I arrived home after a few days vacations.  Have not been reading news, touching my iMac for soemtimes...

Suddenly, Adobe Installer screen pops up, wanted me to intall the latest FlashPlayer...

NewImage.jpg

So, without any doubt, i simply just click NEXT NEXT AGREE NEXT NEXT install...

This morning, when I woke up, and read this piece of news... I was shocked, oh dear, a trojan, my goodness, Aug 5, oh no... So, I quickly google and see what is this trojan about... So, this is a trojan that will hijacck your search results and then change your /private/etc/hosts file so that it gives you a fake google result page with lots of junkie ads....

Screen Shot 2011-08-14 at 9.05.28 AM.png

Oh, dear, we are "trained" to scan and kill the virus back in the old days when we are using Windows OS.  So, obviously, the instinct has not gone, I quickly search the net to find a cure, and then....

A check on the /private/etc/hosts, seems ok leh... does not seems to have any infections...

Screen Shot 2011-08-14 at 9.15.58 AM.png

Then I found this... Apple seems to know about this fake Flash player trojan, and has already.. apply a fix to its OS already... HUH???

Screen Shot 2011-08-14 at 9.09.21 AM.png

And Apple has a anti-malware system builded in that doesnot required manual updates.  So, Apple has already in fact corrected this malware.  I didn't know this!

Screen Shot 2011-08-14 at 9.09.42 AM.png

If it is Windows, I will have to spent time run scans try to isolate the virus, and so on, it could take some times...

So, that is why I say, Antivirus @ MacOS, so boring.  requires zero actions from human, the machine fixes the viruses... cool...

I accidentally installed the malware, I sleep, I found out news about malware, I google for a cure, but Apple already cure it as we speak... So boring.. hahahahhahaha

NewImage.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment