Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perfect Timing

Date:  May 23, 2011

There can never be such a perfect timing again.  But it is a proud story to tell.

400_F_15340567_up8hqAb6pKKlxTcw05LhkjMEAmzeTfFD.jpg

We booked 2 tickets on Jetstar.

It is 12:50pm flight to go to KL.

As usual, I followed his car to his apartment at Meyer Rd.  So that I can pick him up in one car to the airport.

We reach Terminal 1 at 12:05pm.

And this is when he told me "Oh!  Sh*t!  I left my passport in the car."

There is no time to lose, so, I pass my car to him, so that he could drive back to Meyer Rd to get this passport.

He passed his IC to me, and said "Try to see if can check me in, most likely cannot."

By the time I walk to the counter, it was 12:10pm, and they are about to close the counter.

The counter girl was nice to check me in, and she also check him in.

But the condition is he must change his boarding pass at this same counter before 12:30pm.

I called and waited for him.

I told him that I need to go to the boarding gate to try to explain and stop the gate from closing.

He said, "Still got time!  You wait for me outside the Departure Hall."

Around 12:27pm, I don't know how, he made it back, and pass me my car outside the Departure Hall.

The clock is ticking....

He ran to the check in counter.

I drove the car and U-turn into car park lot and park the car.

He SMS me and said "I am walking to gate D33, quick."

After I park the car, I ran.

About 12:33pm, I reached the custom gate, continue my run to gate D33.  Damn the renovation, I have to climb stairs.

I ran.

He called "Where I you?"

I waved my hand from far.  He sees me, and walk inside the gate D33.

At 12:38pm, I reached the gate.  I asked the counter girl, usually what time you guys close the gate.

She said 10 minutes before the flight.

I walked in, perspiring.  Sweat all over the place.

I am glad we both made it.

Worst case is he has to catch the next flight or fly Firefly.

But we both made it.  Just imagine ... Jetstar counter should be closing 40 min before.  And the Gate closing 10 min before.  And the passport is at Meyer Rd.

I am glad we both made it, and it is a proud story to tell.

I am very sure this will not happen ever again.

HaHaHa.

Then he said, "你的车很好跑!"  (Your car can drive smooth and fast!)

NewImage.jpg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment