Sunday, May 22, 2011

Marsedit, Blogger & Picasa

Date:  May 22, 2011

I used Marsedit from Red Sweater Software on my Mac to blog.  On my iPhone or iPad, I used BlogPress App.

I like Marsedit because it is simple to use, drag and drop the photos from Safari or iPhoto or Desktop, it will upload the photos for you and your blog page magically looks nice.

Now.. hold one... where does the photos uploaded to?  Is there a limit?

So, recently, I encountered this problem, where I was unable to include/upload any photos in my blog to blogger.com.  I kept getting "File Upload Failed" problem.

Screen shot 2011-05-21 at PM 06.46.04.png

After much research, I finally figure out that... when you upload your blog to blogger.com, they will store all the photos in picasa.  And when they do so, they actually created a default album to store it.  i.e. "Marsedit Images" (if you edit and upload your blog using Marsedit).  So, there is a limitation on Picasa album.  i.e. every album can store only 1,000 images.  So, as you can see that my default folder has already reached 1K images, that is why Marsedit keep complaining it cannot upload the photos.

Screen shot 2011-05-21 at PM 07.55.22.png

So, what do you do to solve this?  You simply created another album to store the photos.  To do so, under Marsedit, you simply fill in the blank of "Section" and it will store all your photos in a new album on picasa.

Screen shot 2011-05-21 at PM 07.55.44.png

So, don't panic if you cannot upload any photos to blogger next time.

Also remember, you have only 1GB space on Picasa.  But you have option to purchased more.  So far I only used 69MB.  Also, you can only create a maximum of 1,000 albums with 1,000 photos in each album.  That means, you can upload 1,000,000 photos onto picasa.

Cheers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment