Friday, July 2, 2010

Jay Jay 和 拜拜

74403445.F1KNBnoa._MG_3035wc2.jpg

This is a story about Jay Jay.

1. Some background story...

Jay Jay's grandpa (外公) & grandma (外婆) are Buddhist, worship GuanYin (观音菩萨).

Where we currently stay, we can see a GuanYin statue from our balcony.

Grandma came to look after Jay Jay when he was young. Whenever Jay Jay has stomachache or coughing, Grandma will always ask Jay Jay to pray (拜拜) the GuanYin statue so that stomachache will go away, coughing will go away.


2. Naughty Jay Jay

Few days ago, I was very mad. Jay Jay did something that is wrong, I could not remember what exactly it is, but I was so mad that I raise my voice talking to him. And I gave him two choice, whether he wants to deal with a "Happy PaPa" or a very "Angry PaPa". A "Happy PaPa" will play with him, make him happy. An "Angry PaPa" will beat him up, scold him....

I explained to him, that in order to get a "Happy PaPa", I want him to behave at home. And I want to hear from his teachers saying that he is a good boy in school. Otherwise, he will get a "Angry PaPa". Also, I remember I explained the 三字经 to him, why 孟母 have to move house three times to get a better learning environment. And so on...

Yes, I was a bit sad that day too, that I felt that the gap with my son is further apart.

Well, this is parts and puzzle, day to day life a modern family shall need to face. Including me too. I did not realize that my kid has grown up. 3 years and 8 months. Amazing, how kid grows. I was trying desperately to think of a way to see how I can turn around to become a "Happy PaPa".

The Mom also angry with Jay Jay and pretended not to be good to him.

I have to leave for work... So, I left.


3. Daddy tries to be good

I did not know what happen after I left the house. The same day, I went to pick him up instead of Mom. I let him watch my iPhone TV in the car. I played with him at home. The next day, I stay a bit longer in the house. Build train tracks together with him. And I also picked him up in the evening. I tried to spend more time with him to try to make it back with him. So far so good.

I really scared that I hurt him some how.


4. The 拜拜 Story

Then, my wife told me this.

After I left the house that day.

Jay Jay some how went to the play room, sit beside the windows facing the GuanYin Statue.

And He starts to mumble...

"拜拜 ... Please make my PaPa happy."
"Please make me a good boy, so that my PaPa is Happy."
"Please make Miss Joy (his teacher) say I am a good boy, so that my PaPa is Happy."
"Please make KangYin LaoShi say I am a good boy, so that my PaPa is Happy."

My wife pretended she did not hear it, and sit in the living room, when Jay was talking to himself all these.

I am touched after I hear that. and most importantly, I am relieve.

5. Conclusions

Jay, although is nearly 4 years old, and sometimes can be very naughty. But he has his own mind, and a very strong character. And most importantly, he has learned to correct his mistakes.

And indeed, for the past three days, the teachers has been praising him in class saying that he is very focus in learning, and has improve a lot and a lot.

This is something I wanted to share. And I think being a parents, we really need to think very hard how to raise a kid. What kind of efforts you have thrown in will shape the kind of kid that you want. But be careful not to be too forceful, means not to force your kid to do things that he does not like.


Life goes on. And I am happy now... With this encouragement, I think put in even more efforts to become a good dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment