Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Durian Dinner

The sky was dark and cloudy. Rain came. A bit cold.








So, we decided to buy durian from thIs new place. I have eaten twice there, and I found the durian quality is very good, and best of all, it is very cheap in my opinion. I used to buy from 711 or Demsey Rd, so, you can imagine the price of eating durian is usually high.

This is a stall just beside Geylang Lorong 36. The owner called himself 笑佛 (laughing Buddha), and he has a durian orchard near Pontian Malaysia. He is very proud of his durian, and called it 笑佛 too.








We bought 3x 笑佛 and 2x 猫山王, and it cost us only $40!








The durians comes either very bitter, or sweet bitter. The meat is really thick. The shell is thin, so as the seeds. But the overall texture is very nice.








Even my baby Kay loves it. And he kept on licking mummy's finger for the after taste... Of durian...








Of course don't forget to use this steel soap to wash your stinky hand. It magically removed the durian smell from your fingers. It was a gift from a friend (thanks Edwin).








Don't forget the queen of food too. Cool down the heat from these durians... Hope I have open up your craving for Durians.. Go get it now...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jalan Lempeng,,Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment