Sunday, March 14, 2010

Decisions decisions decisions ...

apple_ipad_3g.jpg

Why would I want an iPAD for?

Do I get a WiFi only version? Or get the one with 3G + WiFi?

Here are some of the questions briefly appeared in my head before I made up my mind...

- The 3G version is ugly. (got this black color pieces at the top. As shown above). Can you accept that?

- Its a bigger version of iPhone. What do you use iPhone for? And most importantly, where do you use it? Note that I only compared to iPhone as I do not have an iPod Touch. So, I already write off iPod Touch.

- Is iPAD going to replace your iPhone?

- Is iPAD going to replace your MacBook?

- I am very sure, the Telcos (SingTel, M1 & Starhub) is going to tie this to the ANOTHER 3G data contract. Because of the micro 3G slot. At the moment, non of the above offers the micro-3G card. So, that means, there is very high possibility all the existing 3G data card will not work. Means, my extra 3G card will not work. Brilliant thought, Steve.

- So, when you travel, you will not likely to see pre-paid 3G data card in micro-3G format. OK, that will be a problem.

- Singapore WiFi hotspot is just getting better. At least no need to key in the password every time.

- Get a 3G Wifi Router. Then, you can reuse the extra 3G card you still have 7 quarters of contracts with SingTel. More friendly too. Macbook can use it, so as iPAD thru WiFi.

- Of course, the law of physics still stays... WiFi will draw more power than 3G. But is it not true that you in office, and at home always switch the iPhone to WiFi data? Because it is still faster than 3G and you simply don't care.

- Next, will you use it for Email purpose? I think it is good for Ad hoc Email reading just like iPhone or Blackberry. But for day to day email reading and management, will you use this other than entourage or outlook? OK, without 3G, may not get real time email or notifications. OK, I still got my iPhone in my pocket. I am glad.

- Will you do word processing on it? May be.

- Doing presentations on iPAD will be cool. But creating the presentation file without a mouse. Interesting... its time to learn the gestures.

- So, Apple Works for iPAD seems to be a must. Or you can always choose to go to the portal of giant Google. There are office doc there, calendar and so on. Wait now, try not to do that... Apple hates google.

- It will not be cool if you do not have 3G when you rely so much on Cloud service. Let me see what are the cloud I usually use. Nothing... except for Evernote.

- Will I play games on it. Of course. Hmmm... Final Fantasy, Tiger Woods Golf, etc. All will be excellent. And my kid, Jay will love it, as he has 5 pages of games on my iPhone at present. Definitely for the Games.

- Will I watch movies on it. Definitely. Of course, it is for Jay again. I just need to find a way to hang it in the car, put properly on the table at the restaurant, etc. Come to think about it... hmmm... Will Jay drop it accidentally?

- Now, the painful parts, OK, need to spent time to convert those 1024p to whatever best format in iTunes.

- All my e-books has a better bigger screen to read now. I will definitely buy some books... So, it goes like this... visit kino, borders and popular. You see a book you like, but you don't buy it physically at the store, instead you come home and you buy thru iPAD & iBookstore. That is cool. Then you will lie down on bed read the magazine and so on.

- FYI. My iPhone is no longer jailbroken. I have decided to move on, and become a real apple iPhone users. And I really spent a lot to buy games, books and movies. So, I guess no different next. I also spent > $15 to $25 to buy Magazine I like from the book stores. Then, after few months, my wife throw away. Hmm.. now I can keep forever.

OK... I think I got enough justifications to explained my act.... First week of April is the D-Day... Yeah...




1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete