Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jay & the Thunder Story

Since young, Jay has been very afraid of thunder. Especially those that is very loud during the night time. Mommy will always allow Jay to sleep on our bed and try to calm him down.

When Mommy was in hospital the other night before baby Kay was born, Jay was stuck with me. And during night, thunder storm came. It was very loud, and lasted for a long time. As expected, Jay entered my room, with his two hands covering his ear, crying ... complaining about the loud thunder... He wanted to sleep in my room, and he does not dare to go back to his room...

thunderstorm2.jpg

What should I do... I cannot let him have this habit.. he have to learned how to be independent...

Then I start mumbling in my mouth... "Why the Airplanes and Helicopters still flying so late...."

helicopter_2.jpg

HUH? Precisely, this is what Jay was thinking... I am not talking directly to him, he knew that, and he knew I am complaining too. And I am speaking to myself....

Jay stopped crying and look at me...

I open the windows, and look into the sky... then I mumbled again... "So late, so dark, and the helicopter have to fly so low... why they have to fly at night... we all have to sleep"...

Jay then asked... "PaPa, this is Airplane and Helicopter???"

"Yes Jay, I don't know why the government wants the Airplane to fly at night, especially this one, they fly very low, and very close to the roof, that is why it is so loud..."

"OHHHHHHHHH I know already"....

So, I managed to bring him back to his room, and sleep with him there in his room...

Suddenly... the loud loud thunder strike again... Broom... broom broommm boomm....

And guess what... Jay said.. "PaPa, this is Airplane, and Helicopter??"

"Yes, Jay... next time, when you grown up, and go reservist, please ask the government and army, why they have to fly so low and make so much noise..."

Jay answered... "OH..."... he mumbled "Airplan & Helicopter"... then he felt a sleep...

That night, the thunder keeps on, but Jay did not wake up anymore...

The next day, thunder continue... and Jay knew it was "Airplan and Helicopter flying low..."...

I know, it is not good to bluff you kid like that... I think I want him to be good, and not to be afraid by these little loud thunder sound.. so, no choice... I am glad that it works... He will understand when he grew up... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment